- 1 3lb chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 or 2 heads of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients except salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and broil in a separate pot for 10 minutes.
- Let the sauce in the pot boil until it is reduced by half, add salt to taste.
- Cover the broiled chicken with the sauce and serve.
Martina always skips the broiling step, and often leaves the chicken to simmer until it's falling off the bones.
This recipe was printed in the San Jose Mercury News, Wednesday June 2, 2004, taken from "The Philippine Cookbook" by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Othp 01:35, 19 November 2012 (UTC)