Chard with Lemon
- 1 bunch of chard, stalks and leaves separated and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bouillon cube, or salt and pepper
- Tabasco to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- A dash of vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Sauté the onion in oil with the bouillon cube if you're using it.
- Add the chard stalks with the lemon, Tabasco, and vinegar.
- Cover and cook until just tender, soft and translucent.
- Add the chard leaves and add salt and pepper to taste if not using the bouillon.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until the leaves are done, being careful not to reduce too much.
This recipe was was dictated after several glasses of wine on both sides.
Othp 23:06, 5 March 2011 (UTC)